Dates Active: 2010 to present
- Dan Alessi, Assistant Professor and Encana Chair in Water Resources
Faculty of Science, University of Alberta
- Diana Allen, Professor of Earth Sciences
Simon Fraser University
- Dan Cahoy, Professor of Business Law
Smeal College of Business, Pennsylvania State University
- Dror Etzion, Associate Professor of Strategy & Organization
Desautels Faculty of Management, McGill University
- Greg Goss, Professor of Biology
Faculty of Science, University of Alberta
- Lianne Lefsrud, Assistant Professor of Engineering Safety and Risk Management
Faculty of Engineering, University of Alberta
- Zhen Lei, Associate Professor of Energy and Environmental Economics
College of Earth and Mineral Sciences, Pennsylvania State University
- Cong Dong (China University of Petroleum, M.Sc., Management Science and Engineering, 2015; Ph.D., Management Science and Engineering, 2015-)
- Angela Grant (McGill University, M.Sc., Bioresource Engineering, 2014)
- Diego Mastroianni (McGill University, Ph.D., Information Systems, 2016)
- Chelsea Notte (Simon Fraser University, Master of Public Policy, 2014; Ph.D. Public Policy and Earth Sciences, 2015-)
- D. Yvette Thompson (University of Alberta, M.Sc., Agricultural and Resource Economics, 2014)
- Ashkan Zolfaghari (University of Alberta, Ph.D., Petroleum Engineering, 2013-)
- 2015 Petro-Canada Young Innovator Award from the University of Alberta
- 2014 Peoples Choice Award from the Alliance for Research on Corporate Sustainability
- 2014 Southam Faculty Fellowship from the University of Alberta School of Business
- 2013 Pearson Faculty Fellowship from the University of Alberta School of Business
- Dong, C., Dong, X., Gehman, J. & Lefsrud, L.M. 2017. Using BP Neural Networks to Prioritize Risk Management Approaches for China’s Unconventional Shale Gas Industry. Sustainability. 9: 979. doi:10.3390/su9060979.
- Notte, C., Allen, D.M., Gehman, J., Alessi, D.S. & Goss, G.G. 2017. Comparative Analysis of Hydraulic Fracturing Wastewater Practices in Unconventional Shale Developments: Regulatory Regimes. Canadian Water Resources Journal. 42: 122-137. doi:10.1080/07011784.2016.1218795.
- Alessi, D.S., Zolfaghari, A., Gehman, J., Allen, D.M. & Goss, G.G. 2017. Comparative Analysis of Hydraulic Fracturing Wastewater Practices in Unconventional Shale Development: Water Sourcing, Treatment and Disposal Practices. Canadian Water Resources Journal. 42: 105-121. doi:10.1080/07011784.2016.1238782.
- Gehman, J., Thompson, D.Y., Alessi, D.S., Allen, D.M. & Goss, G.G. 2016. Comparative Analysis of Hydraulic Fracturing Wastewater Practices in Unconventional Shale Development: Newspaper Coverage of Stakeholder Concerns and Social License to Operate. Sustainability. 8: 912. doi:10.3390/su8090912.
- Cahoy, D. R., Gehman, J. & Lei, Z. 2013. The Transformation of Patents into Information Containment Tools. In D. Cahoy & L. Oswald (eds), The Changing Face of American Patent Law and Its Impact on Business Strategy. Edward Elgar. 159-182.
- Cahoy, D. R., Gehman, J. & Lei, Z. 2013. Fracking Patents: The Emergence of Patents as Information Containment Tools in Shale Drilling. Michigan Telecommunications and Technology Law Review. 19: 279-330.
- Gehman, J., Mastroianni, D., Grant, A. & Etzion, D. 2012. An Analysis of Unconventional Gas Well Reporting under Pennsylvania’s Act 13 of 2012. Environmental Practice. 14: 262-277. doi:10.1017/S1466046612000373.
- The Effectiveness of Fracking Disclosure Regimes in Canada. SSHRC Imagining Canada’s Future. May 2016. 27 pages.
- Unconventional Wastewater Management: A Comparative Review and Analysis of Hydraulic Fracturing Wastewater Management Practices across Four North American Basins. Canadian Water Network. April 2015. 186 pages.
My research on hydraulic fracturing has been supported by a variety of grants, fellowships, and awards from the University of Alberta (2015-2016), Social Sciences and Humanities Research Council (2013-2015; 2015-2016; 2015-2020), Canadian Water Network (2014-2015), Pennsylvania State University (2014-2015), and Alberta School of Business (2013-2014; 2014-2015).
Related Projects: WellWiki